Re: EXP-00056: ORACLE error 1403 encountered HELP PLEASE

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2004 00:56:16 +0200

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 20:02:06 GMT, Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net> wrote:

>Don't quite get this part - you have a separate 9.0.1 client, or the 9.0.1
>client from the Infrastruture is taking precedence?

Probably the latter. Didn't look at PATH or anything. When you fire up sql*plus you get the 9.0.1 executable.

>And, knowing your skill set, you've checked the connectivity to the 9.2.0.3
>using both the 9.0.1 and and the 9.2.0.3 SQLPlus executables - which of
>course, in Windows, implies the correct ORACLE_HOME since the selecting the
>binary with a full OH/bin path automatically decides the OH.

Didn't do that yet.
We are talking politics here.
Officially we don't maintain this system yet. Prior to taking it into maintenance, as we didn't design it, and we weren't involved into any of it's architecture, knowing it was architected against the guidelines in the Oracle 9iAS documentation, by Oracle, we would execute a formal 'intake' procedure first.

Yet the customer requested urgently the RMAN backup to be configured. Then I hit the issue both databases were running in NOARCHIVELOG Then I hit the issue NLS_LANG wasn't properly set. Then I hit the issue I couldn't export because of exp-0079 and exp-0091.
At that point I decided to try to resolve the exp-0079 and exp-0091 because they had no backup at all.

I decided not to go into troubleshooting, as my firm doesn't get paid for any activity on that system yet, and the RMAN configuration (backup to disk) clearly couldn't be completed in the projected number of hours.
As far as we are concerned either the customer or Oracle is going to pay for this.

Regards

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA