Re: EXP-00056: ORACLE error 1403 encountered HELP PLEASE

From: Hans Forbrich <>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 17:28:35 GMT

Sybrand Bakker wrote:

>>-I didn't see the exp header, just the connect to database header.  Is it
>>possible that the exp version does not match the database?  (IOW, do you
>>have multiple DB versions on the machine?)
>>-During install, were there any obvious errors, especially during building
>>the catalog?
>>-Anything in the Alert.log?
>>-In the background dump directory?
>>Do you have another server machine elsewhere, possibly on a
>>different OS?  If yes, could you try exp across the net to this DB ...
>>(quick way of checking whether you have a problem with exp or catalog)

> Ran into *exactly* the same problem today and have a few answers for
> your questions.
> 1 It continues

Since it happens (for the OP) at the Cluster section, I'd suggest checking whether there are any clusters. If not, there is probably not a problem (just another example of deteriorating QA tests cases). I hear your comment already & agree - it still needs to be verified.

> 2 In my case: database server here and 9.0.1 client

Intrigued by the 9.0.1 client part. Are you saying you are using a 9.0.1 client for the connection betw. exp and server? Or a 9.0.1 exp client?

Original suggestion still stands - can you do a remote exp from a different exp (pref. different OS) and still get the same error?

> 3 The system was installed by Oracle India

  1. Not going there!!!
  2. Wonder if catalog/catexp ran OK?

> 4 There is nothing in the alert log.
> 5 There is nothing obvious in the background dump dest

All the more reason to believe this is just a stoopid unsuppressed message.

> I didn't resolve this problem yet, I got too fed up with this
> installation to continue.
> I was also facing exp-0079 and exp-0091 and initially didn't even see
> above error.

Ouch. Received on Fri Apr 02 2004 - 11:28:35 CST

Original text of this message