trouble with odbc connection

From: chris <tomtailor_at_freesurf.fr>
Date: 2 Apr 2004 09:17:06 -0800

hello to all readers!

i know my english is terrible, but i hope someone can decrypt this posting and is able to help me.

since is switched from mysql to oracle database i could't get a odbc connection to my database. under mysql the following vbs worked very well:

strComplete="DRIVER=MySQL ODBC 3.51
Driver;SERVER=localhost;UID=batch;PWD=*****;DATABASE=cta;"

Set objConn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

    objConn.open Connect_String(cta), scott, wasx21

    Set rs = objConn.execute ("select * from test;")

Record = rs.Fields(0).Value

    objConn.Close
Set objConn = Nothing
msgbox("Done!")

OH! i forgot:
the connection under sql+ is working fine and i can perform any sql oracle's obbc driver get connection to database at the configure dialog.
but the connectionsring ist *kulz* i think. sorry for doubleposting, but i thought this is an inportant information. under oracle i tryed (after a huge hours surfing)

strComplete="Driver={Microsoft ODBC for Oracle};" & _

"Server=localhost.cta;" & _
"Uid=Scott;" & _
"Pwd=******"
Set objConn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") objConn.open Connect_String(cta), scott, wasx21

    Set rs = objConn.execute ("select * from test;")

Record = rs.Fields(0).Value

    objConn.Close
Set objConn = Nothing
msgbox("Done!")

but it did'nt work.

please help me!

thx
tom hofer Received on Fri Apr 02 2004 - 11:17:06 CST