Re: Problems in 817 doing RMAN duplicate

From: Paul Moore <pf_moore_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 17:17:04 +0100

Phillip Tien <tienp_at_wholefoods.com> writes:

> Here are my duplication scripts.

[...]

> This works like a charm for me on both 8i and 9i on Solaris. Hope
> that helps.

It didn't work directly for me, but I found out the problem. I need to set NLS_LANG on both the machine I run the script on (the target DB, via my "clone.sh" driver script), and on the machine where I'm creating the auxiliary database (via the "parms" clause on the "allocate auxiliary channel" statement).

I was forgetting the first of these :-(

Thanks,
Paul

--