OCI and RPC

From: Luc Gyselinck <Luc.Gyselinck_at_nospampandora.be>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 20:36:47 GMT

Hi,

Using Oracle 9i (9.2.0.4) on Win2K... Forms9i, Patchset 3...

If I generate a trace file from a Forms session, calls to stored code (functions,procedures,packages) appear as RPC CALL's in the trace file. I have been searching the OCI functions to find one that could generate this kind of calls in the trace file, but could not find one.

In the past (Oracle 8i?), calls to stored procedures appeared as 'BEGIN <proc> END;' or 'CALL <proc>' statements.

Any idea how they (Oracle) did it? Undocumented OCI function?

Luc Received on Thu Apr 01 2004 - 14:36:47 CST