Re: New feature

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 16:08:13 GMT

Mark C. Stock wrote:

> "Glen A Stromquist" <glen_stromquist_at_no_spam_yahoo.com> wrote in message
> | Daniel Morgan wrote:

> | > But to get that to work don't you also have to set
> | >
> | > _dba = expendable
> | >
> | I just tried another undocumented feature, _dba_auto_pay_increase=TRUE,
> | on our financial system.
> |
> | I'll keep you all posted....
> |

> there is a posted bug on that feature (available only via the MetaLink
> Classic interface, and only for 12z beta testers) that indicates it does
> not handle NULLs properly

When I checked, the reference was that _dba_auto_pay_incr_rate had to be set and could not be left null. Otherwise the increase rate was indeterminate (leading to the black hole of tri-valued logic).

BTW ... From what I can tell, it's best to set _dba_auto_pay_incr_rate to a multiple of DB_CACHE_SIZE to get optimal DBa performance. Received on Thu Apr 01 2004 - 10:08:13 CST