Exporting 8.1.6 using 9.2 client

From: Jeremy <newspostings_at_hazelweb.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 11:28:35 +0100

When I try to export from 8.1.6 db (solaris) using the 9.2 exp client (win XP) I get an immediate

EXP-00056: ORACLE error 942 encountered

and the export terminates. This is using the 'exp' command - I have tried starting the Export utility from within Enterprise Manager (having connected first to a management server) and this just simly won't start - I get an hour glass but nothing else happens (I am able to move the pointer and click on other thigs in EM though).

?

BTW the export using the 8.1.6 client on solaris works no problem.

--

jeremy