Re: Oracle9i on Linux RH9

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 14:24:02 +1000

Well, that's rather strange, because I just did and sure enough on the front page there's a link to "9i on Linux", following which takes us to a table of ticks and crosses, where the tick under the Red Hat 9 - Oracle 9i links to about 6 pages of instructions complete with screenshots.

Now it is my site, so I'm biased... but what exactly makes you think that there's nothing there regarding Oracle 9i on Linux RH9, as per this thread's title?

If it's your browser or your browser settings, I guess I should know about it.

Regards
HJR

Dizwell Informatics: http://www.dizwell.com
  -A mine of useful Oracle information-

"bobray" <quasimodo_at_genghis.com> wrote in message

> Nothing useful there now...maybe you should take a look.
>

> "Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message
> > MadUNIX wrote:
> >
> > > I am searching the net for a good HowTo/Guide/Usersexperices on
> > > installing Oracle9i Database Rel. 2 (9.2.0.1.0) on Linux x86 (Redhat
> 9.0)
> > > And also looking for installing Oracle9i AS using the same Linux
version
> > > its gonna be for testing/development environment .....
> > > the Hardware P4 1.8GHz, 40GB, 260 RAM
> > > What would be also a good partionning for this machine /root /swap
/usr?
> > > I really appreaite user experience on installing Orcale on Linux
Redhat