Re: Conceivably a daft question...

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 13:24:03 +0100

@?\sqlplus\admin\plustrce)
> I got the expected trace data.

my script to test this

set echo on

connect /@nl9204 as sysdba
startup force

drop user howard cascade;
create user howard identified by rogers
default tablespace users
temporary tablespace temp;

@c:\oracle\ora92\sqlplus\admin\plustrce

grant dba to howard;

connect howard/rogers_at_nl9204

create table blah
as select * from dba_objects where rownum < 1000;

connect /@nl9204 as sysdba
shutdown immediate
startup

connect /@nl9204 as sysdba
spool blocktestrun2.txt
alter system checkpoint;

connect howard/rogers_at_nl9204
@c:\oracle\ora92\rdbms\admin\utlxplan

set timing on
set autotrace trace stat
select * from blah;
spool off

which resulted in the exact same behaviour that Howard describes.

System altered.

Elapsed: 00:00:01.09
Connected.

Table created.

Elapsed: 00:00:00.58

999 rows selected.

Elapsed: 00:00:00.23

Statistics

          0  recursive calls
          0  db block gets
          0  consistent gets
          0  physical reads
          0  redo size
          0  bytes sent via SQL*Net to client
          0  bytes received via SQL*Net from client
          0  SQL*Net roundtrips to/from client
          0  sorts (memory)
          0  sorts (disk)
        999  rows processed