Re: Conceivably a daft question...

From: Holger Baer <holger.baer_at_science-computing.de>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 11:57:00 +0200

Howard J. Rogers wrote:
> "Holger Baer" <holger.baer_at_science-computing.de> wrote in message
>

>>Howard J. Rogers wrote:
>>
>>>Any clues to the (probably) blindingly obvious that I've missed?
>>>
>>>Cheers,
>>>HJR
>>>

>>Ever heard of the PLUSTRACE role? ;-)
>>
>>Cheers,
>>Holger

> Of course. But that's not the issue (I have the dba role, which is what
> you're probably getting at, I guess).
>
> Regards
> HJR

No, what I was getting at is the fact that even with dba, you don't seem to have all necessary privileges. I followed you test with a vanilla 9.2.0.5 installation with the same results. After creating the plustrace role (which btw. is explicitly granted to dba by running @?\sqlplus\admin\plustrce) I got the expected trace data.

Cheers,

Holger Received on Wed Mar 31 2004 - 03:57:00 CST