Re: new DirectX Oracle online monitor

From: Holger Baer <holger.baer_at_science-computing.de>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 10:26:43 +0200

Boaz Laufer wrote:
> "Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message news:<406964ce$0$20085$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>...
>

>>>what is your Insternet speed?
>>
>>Slow. The same as pretty much everybody who isn't on broadband.
>>
>>It's bad design and not a little arrogant to make assumptions about what
>>people you don't know consider acceptable with respect to download speeds
>>and download quantities. It also looks amateurish and does nothing to
>>enhance the sense of professionalism or lack thereof inherent in your actual
>>utility.

> It's not arrogant to assume that people have faster internet than you do.

Yes it is. Although broadband internet access is pushed by the telcos, in good ol' germany I think about 4 Million People actually have it, that is a mere 8 % of all allegedly existing internet users.

> If your internet connection is so slow you can always use non-graphical browsers.
> Many web sites use flash and MPEGS and more stuff that takes MB's and not KB's
> What do you have to say about those sites?
> Arrogant too?

FYI, anytime I encounter a website with flash I walk away for exact this reason.

Regards,

Holger Received on Wed Mar 31 2004 - 02:26:43 CST