Conceivably a daft question...

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 17:40:47 +1000

I'm having trouble with something as simple as SQL*Plus autotrace.

If I create user howard, then grant dba to howard, then create the plan table for howard, then set autotrace trace stat, then select from a small table (scott's EMP, for example), I get the expected report back about number of physical reads, consistent gets and so on.

If I then immediately do a select from an extremely large table (well, 6 million rows anyway), then I get the autotrace report back but with all the numbers set to zero, apart from the last one where it correctly reports the number of rows processed.

I was just wondering if there is a size limitation on autotrace or not, and if so what it might be. Or what else I'm missing (it has been a long day).

It's not a major drama in the sense that I can always trace the session, but it would be nice to know I'm not completely barking mad.

Oh... 9iR2 on both Windows and Linux (RHAS3).

Regards
HJR

Dizwell Informatics: http://www.dizwell.com
  -A mine of useful Oracle information-