How to get rid of XDB service in Oracle 9i

From: Maciek <wegorkie_at_interia.pl>
Date: 30 Mar 2004 08:06:24 -0800

Hi,

I am newbie in Oracle and I am really irritated that it got localhost's 8080 port with its XDB. When I invoke http://localhost:8080 i get login prompt and after logging onto sysdba I have list of files.
I want to get rid of this service I don't need XML dbs or anything like that.
I found some posts in usenet regarding the problem but they adviced to work on files that are missing in my 9i installation... ??? I could also modify xdbconfig.xml but I cannot find it anywhere inside oracle directories????

Can someone explain simply how to uninstall XDB or block it, or reconfigure it? Received on Tue Mar 30 2004 - 10:06:24 CST