Re: rolling forward after import

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_no_spam_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 15:43:12 GMT

Peter Laursen wrote:

> System: 8.1.7.4, Win2k
>
> Suppose I have an 8.1.7.4 db in archivelogmode and do a full export.
> Some days later I import the full export. Now, how do I roll forward
> using the existing archivelogs? The database does not need recovery,
> so I expect that no variation of the "recover" cmd will work?
>
> TIA
> Peter Laursen

Although it may be *possible* to somehow do this somehow using the methods Howard and Douglas described, I have to ask "why bother??"

Why not restore an earlier backup, hot or cold, and then apply your redo to roll forward and save all this hassle?

just wonder'in

cheers! Received on Tue Mar 30 2004 - 09:43:12 CST