Re: Poor RAC inter-instance performance

From: Ivan Vasquez <ivan_at_looker.itos.uga.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 09:37:32 -0500

Hans,

Yes, the GB links are dedicated to this and were set up according to the Metalink instructions. cmcfg.ora has:

HeartBeat=15000
ClusterName=Oracle Cluster Manager, version 9i PollInterval=1000
MissCount=20
PrivateNodeNames=int-node1 int-node2
PublicNodeNames=node1 node2
ServicePort=9998
KernelModuleName=hangcheck-timer
CmDiskFile=/dev/raw/raw30
HostName=int-node1

/etc/hosts:

10.0.0.1        int-node1
10.0.0.2        int-node2

I also make changes to /proc in /etc/sysctl.conf for network parameters:

#Network parameters for Oracle 9i

net.core.rmem_default=262144
net.core.rmem_max=262144
net.core.wmem_default=262144