Multiple oracle Homes on one Server : 8.1.7 & 10

From: Frederic Hoornaert <Frederic.Hoornaert_at_transics.nospam.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 14:44:52 +0200

Hello,

I just want to know if it is technically possible to install Oracle 8.1.7 & Oracle 10 on the same server while users can connect to both databases without having to change any parameters on the server. The server is a Win2K server and has currently installed Oracle 8.1.7. We would like to install Oracle 10 in a seperate home.

Is this possible ? What are the restrictions ? Do we need to use the oracle utility to switch homes? Or can we just use two seperate listeners, one for the Oracle 8i and one for the Oracle 10 server ?

--
Greetz,
Frederic Hoornaert