Multiple Listener on multiple homes

From: Chris <chris_kernaghan_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 30 Mar 2004 02:58:27 -0800

Hi,

I have an two databases on the one server.

A clean install of Oracle 9i called BW and an upgraded 9.2 (from 8.1.7.4) called CRM

When trying to start the BW system I got and NLS parameter error which was fixed by removing a system environment variable pointing to CRM home.

Now I have an issue with the TNS listeners, I have two listeners listed in the Services directory. I can start the bw listener but I cannot start the CRM listener.

I have tried adding the ports and tnsnames entries to the bw listener configuration, but when I try to start the CRM database it looks for the initcrm.ora file in the bw home directory.

I need to be able to have two listeners on two different ports.

How can I accomplish this.

Chris aka BoobBoo Received on Tue Mar 30 2004 - 04:58:27 CST