Backup trends: HOT or COLD

From: Lucyna Witkowska <ypwitkow_at_nospamcyf-kr.edu.pl>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 10:03:46 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,
I am looking for some experienced guru advice (but don't answer me to hire expert ;-)).

3 GB database, Oracle 7.1.2 (version supported by application developer). We do regular cold backups and archived redo log backups. Now, we prepare to migrate to RMAN hot backups to make database available 24/7.
But - is it REALLY sufficient?
Any problems with hot backups restore?

Greetings,
LW Received on Tue Mar 30 2004 - 04:03:46 CST