Re: LMT is preferred than DMT.. but then

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 15:01:33 GMT

> From where I stand ... the huge value of LMTs is contained in two
> words: UNIFORM SIZE

I used to be in that "Uniform size" camp, but no longer. I prefer AUTOALLOCATE now for most tablespaces. The AUTOALLOCATE algorithm does a very good job of managing space without the DBA having to give any thought to the process. And fragmentation of free space is not an issue, even if the holes of free space are not a uniform size.

Cheers,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com