Re: Enable 32K Block in 8K Block DB

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 21:01:04 +1000

Having said that, I'd like to remind everyone that in 18 years of going out there to Unix sites, I saw ONCE the file system block size changed from default. In a site that I did the Unix SA for. The rest? Most SAs don't even know what we're talking about...

So, caveat emptor: Check, re-check and triple check. All Unix OS flavours have at least one command that will list the characteristics of an installed and operational file system. Same for Lunix. Find out what it is and check.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto