slow insert performance

From: Daud <daud11_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 28 Mar 2004 09:05:11 -0800

I have a big table (over 50 million rows). Insert into the table is very slow. Doing
insert into xxx
select * from xxx2
takes over 1 hour when xxx2 has around 200K records. I guess the problem is with the index maintenance which the table has 5. Will partitioning help improve the insert performance? Anyway, we only need to keep 6 months data and partitioning seems to be the way to go. Please advise.

Oracle 8.1.7.4 on HP-UX 11.0

Daud Received on Sun Mar 28 2004 - 11:05:11 CST