Re: Need help with DIM-0019 error installing 10g

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 16:47:45 +0100

Tom Hester wrote:

> Yeah, but it doesn't make since.  Oracle is on a server and we are logged in
> as administrator.
>
> "Frank van Bortel" <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net> wrote in message
>

>>Tom Hester wrote:
>>

>>>We are attempting to install 10 g on a Windows XP server that is already
>>>running 9i. (Oracle says this can be done.) However in attempting to
>>>create a database we receive the following message: "DIM-0019: create
>>>service error O/S-Error:(OS:1388) A new member could not be added to a
>>>local group because the member has the wrong account type. Has anyone
>>>encountered this and knows how to correct it?
>>>

>>What is OS error 1388? It's Windows complaining about something.
>>Clustered environment, and you are /are not logged on locally?!?
>>--
>>
>>Regards,
>>Frank van Bortel

Don't know much about windows cluster (was never allowed to touch 'em ;-) ), but you cannot just add a service on one machine - that has to be done in some cluster manager.
Betcha it's the 'oradim -new -sid xxxx -startup m' command. Which you could try from the command prompt.
--

Regards,
Frank van Bortel