Re: Article about supposed "murky" future for Oracle

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 20:42:26 +0100

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 15:51:21 -0300, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra <leandro_at_dutra.fastmail.fm> wrote:

> I do use Oracle, but strictly for legacy apps. Oracle just
>lacks a roadmap to standards compliance.

ROFL. You are kidding are you? The
'standards' you seem to quote have several levels of compliance. And why would anyone even think about implementing the unreadable JOIN syntax of SQL92, if the older convention is more readable and works just as well.
Apart from that due differences in architecture there will be never ever any SQLserver application that will work seamlessly with Oracle. Anyone who still wants to sell that fairy tale doesn't deserve anything better than running Oracle for 'legacy apps' Legacy apps *work*, current apps are just full of bugs all over the place, because most developers nowadays only learned how to hit a button and have been lured into fairy tales about interoperability.

At least Oracle *WORKS AND IS SCALABLE*

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA