Re: new DirectX Oracle online monitor

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 24 Mar 2004 14:52:32 -0800

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1080113855.479151_at_yasure>...
> Joel Garry wrote:
>
> > lauferb_at_adit-tec.com (Boaz Laufer) wrote in message news:<1bacd337.0403220958.799a765f_at_posting.google.com>...
> >
> >>Hello DBA's,
> >>I'd like to invite you to my site to try my new DirectX based oracle online monitor.
> >>The name is 'SGAgent'.
> >>
> >>http://boazl.com
> >>
> >>Regards,
> >>Boaz.
> >

> > Why would you want to compress extents? Why would you want to use
> > something based on Direct X? What does this have that OEM doesn't?
> > What is SGAgnet [sic]?
> >
> > jg
> > --
> > @home.com is bogus.
> > http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1103-5175988.html
>
> Why encourage a spammer?

Well, I think my post could either be taken as a legitimate curiosity on my part or a slight slam. Don't think it could really be taken as encouragement, unless you think lack of complete flame is encouragement. Which is a legitimate viewpoint, too, given some spammers.

Just from looking at the site, I think there is some value in the idea of a GUI presenting things of interest in this manner (an obvious sprite to click on amid the gears). But that is far overridden by doubt that the program has been written to focus on the correct things to highlight. So when in doubt, I ask, hoping to get actual useful information.

Spammers note: While I may seem to waffle on this issue of posting appropriateness (I think I'm consistent, actually), LISTEN TO DANIEL! The group consensus here is quite anti-spam, and that I agree with.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.spam.com/