Re: help with recovery

From: daveb <davebest_at_SuPsAaM.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 10:12:26 -0800

"Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message news:40611c61$0$3956$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au...

Ok, started over as you suggesed.

> Create a new service. At the command line:
>
> oradim -NEW -SID xxxx -STARTMODE auto
>
> The "xxxx" there should be whatever the SID was on the old machine for
this
> database. There's a privileged user authentication issue here which I'm
> hoping won't be an issue because this is Windows and you're almost bound
> be a member of the ORA_DBA group already. But you may experience fireworks
> trying to get the service to start if you aren't.
>
> Check that the new service is started.

oradim.log shows instance created and Services shows that it is running.

> In a DOS window (command line, whatever!), set your ORACLE_SID=xxxx:
>
> set ORACLE_SID=xxxx
>
> Then launch SQL*Plus:
>
> sqlplus "/ as sysdba"

This gives ORA-01031: insufficient privileges.

So I tried sqlplus system

This gives:
  ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
  ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist

Dave Received on Wed Mar 24 2004 - 12:12:26 CST