Re: how to use exp/imp only for specific columns?

From: Mark <simmons_mark_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 24 Mar 2004 08:55:52 -0800

Andreas,

I think I read that the "COPY" command in sqlplus was going away in 10g. That's too bad. It was great for little one-off jobs like this.

If you have 9i or below you can still schedule it this way:

/* I believe remotedb must be in your tnsnames.ora file. */ sqlplus user/pass_at_localdb <<EOF 1> logfile 2>&1 sql> set copycommit 100;
sql> set long 1000000; -- only necessary if you are copying a long value
sql> copy from remotedb append tab2(b_key, b_val2) using select a_key, a_val2;
EOF Mark Simmons
Sr. Oracle DBA
Sabre-Holdings, Southlake, TX