Re: all tables skipped in import

From: P L Robert Danielsson-Oldberg <d9rd_at_dtek.chalmers.se>
Date: 24 Mar 2004 16:48:08 GMT

In article <7782b51c.0403240816.1eef0730_at_posting.google.com>, Kevin Murphy <murphy_at_genome.chop.edu> wrote:
>Pardon my newbie-ness. Know also that I am using 9.2.0.1.0
>Developer's Release for Mac OS X.
>
>I am trying to import an export from another database, and no matter
>what I do, all the tables are skipped, but there are no errors
>produced by imp, and there are also no errors in alert_SID.log and
>SID_ora_*.trc. You can see one of my many failed imp commands and
>output below, followed by some of the meta-data created via the
>indexes=n/indexfile=xxx options. The 'egenome' user, which exists in
>both databases, has the DBA role and a default tablespace with
>unlimited quota on it. (I created a table and looked to make sure it
>was in the right tablespace). As you can see from the meta-data, the
>tables are owned by 'egenome' in the original database, and they
>happened to be in the USERS_TABLE tablespace. I tried creating a
>tablespace with the same name in the new database and making that the
>default tablespace for 'egenome' there, but it made no difference.
>As an alternative to 'full=y', I also tried
>'fromuser=egenome/touser=egenome'.
>
>$ imp egenome/egenome full=y indexes=n
>indexfile=create_indexes_20040324.sql file=/tmp/Oracle.dmp
>log=import_20040324.log commit=y

*SNIP*
>.. . skipping table "CLONE_SNP"

*SNIP* Ah, yes, you told it to skip all tables.

The indexfile parameter tells it to make an index of the dump. If you check your indexfile you'll see it is a sql script with every row commented out, containing sql to create the tables you tried to import.

If you wish to import the data in the export dump, leave out the indexfile option and it will probably work both with full and touser/fromuser.

Sincerely,

                                 Robert Oldberg

robert.oldberg@*NO-SPAM*novamedia-se.com

--
Robert    |GCS/S/MU d-- h--- s+:  g+- au+ a- w++ v-(++) C++++ U++++ S+ P- L 3
Danielsson|R+++ N+++ K- W--- M-- V- -po+ Y+ t+ !5 j- r+ tv- b+ D- B? e+++ u+++