Re: all tables skipped in import

From: Michel Cadot <micadot{at}altern{dot}org>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 17:43:19 +0100

"Kevin Murphy" <murphy_at_genome.chop.edu> a écrit dans le message de news:7782b51c.0403240816.1eef0730_at_posting.google.com...
> Pardon my newbie-ness. Know also that I am using 9.2.0.1.0
> Developer's Release for Mac OS X.
>
> I am trying to import an export from another database, and no matter
> what I do, all the tables are skipped, but there are no errors
> produced by imp, and there are also no errors in alert_SID.log and
> SID_ora_*.trc. You can see one of my many failed imp commands and
> output below, followed by some of the meta-data created via the
> indexes=n/indexfile=xxx options. The 'egenome' user, which exists in
> both databases, has the DBA role and a default tablespace with
> unlimited quota on it. (I created a table and looked to make sure it
> was in the right tablespace). As you can see from the meta-data, the
> tables are owned by 'egenome' in the original database, and they
> happened to be in the USERS_TABLE tablespace. I tried creating a
> tablespace with the same name in the new database and making that the
> default tablespace for 'egenome' there, but it made no difference.
> As an alternative to 'full=y', I also tried
> 'fromuser=egenome/touser=egenome'.
>
> Any insights?
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin Murphy
>
> $ imp egenome/egenome full=y indexes=n
> indexfile=create_indexes_20040324.sql file=/tmp/Oracle.dmp
> log=import_20040324.log commit=y
>
> Import: Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Developer's Release on Tue Mar 23 16:04:38
> 2004
>
> Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
>

> Connected to: Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0 -
> Developer's Release
> With the Partitioning and Oracle Data Mining options
>
> Export file created by EXPORT:V09.02.00 via direct path
> import done in US7ASCII character set and AL16UTF16 NCHAR character
> set
> .. . skipping table "CLONE_SNP"
>
> .. . skipping table "HELP"
>
> .. . skipping table "PLAN_TABLE"
>
> .. . skipping table "SNP_CLONES"

> .. . skipping table "TRANSCRIPT_MGC"
>
> Import terminated successfully without warnings.
>
> $ head -7 create_indexes_20040324.sql
>
> REM CREATE TABLE "EGENOME"."CLONE_SNP" ("CHR" VARCHAR2(2), "CHR_SEQ1"
> REM NUMBER(15, 0), "CHR_SEQ2" NUMBER(15, 0), "ACC_ID" VARCHAR2(15),
> REM "SEQ1" NUMBER(15, 0), "SEQ2" NUMBER(15, 0), "ORIENT" VARCHAR2(2))
> REM PCTFREE 10 PCTUSED 40 INITRANS 1 MAXTRANS 255 STORAGE(INITIAL
> 65536
> REM FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1) TABLESPACE "USERS_TABLE" LOGGING
> REM NOCOMPRESS ;
> REM ... 26630 rows

Extract from doc:

<quote>
INDEXFILE
Default: none
Specifies a file to receive index-creation statements. When this parameter is specified, index-creation statements for the requested mode are extracted and written to the specified file, rather than used to create indexes in the database. **** No database objects are imported ****
</quote>
(* are mine)

Regards
Michel Cadot Received on Wed Mar 24 2004 - 10:43:19 CST