Re: exp/imp and extents

From: Mark <simmons_mark_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 24 Mar 2004 08:23:41 -0800

Another tip...

For 9i and up, I always use the dbms_metadata package to get the DDL for a table. Here's an example if you haven't used it...

/* I don't remember which of these you actually need. I have them in my login.sql file */

sql> set long 1000000
sql> set trimspool on
sql> set heading off
sql> set linesize 200
sql> select dbms_metadata.get_ddl('TABLE', 'TABLE_NAME') from dual;

Here' a quick link to some info on Don Burleson's website...

http://www.dba-oracle.com/art_builder_get_schema_syntax.htm

Mark Simmons
Sr. Oracle DBA
Sabre-Holdings, Southlake, TX