Intelligent agent does not start on RedHat 9

From: hastenthunder <hastenthunder_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:12:45 -0500

Hi Group,

I'm running Oracle 9i release 2 on RedHat 9. My oracle intelligent agent does not seem to start.
When I issue $ORACLE_HOME/bin/agentctl start, the only message I get before the prompt returns is:

     Starting Oracle Intelligent Agent....

After I get the UNIX prompt back, I immediate issued $ORACLE_HOME/bin/agentctl status, and I got:

     DBSNMP for Linux: Version 9.2.0.1.0 - Production on 24-MAR-2004 11:09:46

     Copyright (c) 2002 Oracle Corporation.  All rights reserved.
     Could not contact agent. It may not be running.

Any ideas is greatly appreciated Received on Wed Mar 24 2004 - 10:12:45 CST