OMS - strange behaviour of JRE process

From: Marcin <mwolski_at_poczta.fm>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 16:11:20 +0100

Hi,

Through monitoring CPU status on our system we found abnormal behavior related to Management Server.
When the service is started, jre process consumes a small amount of the CPU. After a period of time this will increase to 100% of CPU utilization. We analyzed the situation more precisely and discovered, that jre process is trying to kill child processes that not exist and thereby it consumes so much CPU. When we kill manualy the Management Server process, the sitution back to normal for a while (Management Server restarts itself).
This is a test installation of OMS, with dedicated database and three agents

RDBMS version: Oracle Database 9.2.0.4 dedicated to OMS

M. Received on Wed Mar 24 2004 - 09:11:20 CST