Re: ORA -16014 - Error in archiving, no available destination

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 17:38:50 +1100

"srivenu" <srivenu_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1a68177.0403232220.1389e2ac_at_posting.google.com...
> >"If the reopen clause is not specified it is automatically set to 0"
> >"If you do not specify seconds the default value is 300"
>
> >These two statements don't make sense together.
>
> If REOPEN is not specified, it is equal to REOPEN=0 which turns it off.
> If REOPEN is specified without any seconds, it is equal to REOPEN=300.

You seem to make a habit of ignoring the actual evidence I post, obtained by means of repeatable tests.

I showed you that I set log_archive_dest_1 WITHOUT a REOPEN clause, and yet got a reopen time of 300 when viewed in the relevant v$.

I can post the same thing again for the second archive destination, if you don't believe it:

SQL> alter system set log_archive_dest_2="LOCATION=C:\" scope=spfile;

System altered.

SQL> startup force
ORACLE instance started.

Total System Global Area 68229684 bytes

Fixed Size                   453172 bytes
Variable Size              41943040 bytes
Database Buffers           25165824 bytes
Redo Buffers                 667648 bytes
Database mounted.
Database opened.
SQL> select reopen_secs from v$archive_dest;

REOPEN_SECS

        300
        300

So would you now care to correct your first statement above?

HJR Received on Wed Mar 24 2004 - 00:38:50 CST