Re: dynamic service registration

From: srivenu <srivenu_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 Mar 2004 21:54:46 -0800

> What may or may not happen when the listener is re-started doesn't exactly
> persuade either, because that's a special case with quite possibly a special
> code path.

I dont think it is a seperate code path as the code for the Oracle server does not depend on the availability of the listener. Coming to the facts, the fact is that the service resgitration with the listener never takes more than 1 minute. Now deducing from this fact, there has to be some means of communication going on between the two every minute. I dont think the communication would be initiated by the listener as it has not idea about the PMON's address. So deducing from the fact, it shows that PMON contacts the listener every minute (which is not reflected in the log). regards
Srivenu Received on Tue Mar 23 2004 - 23:54:46 CST