Re: performance question

From: AnaCDent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 17:57:04 -0800

Alex wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a situation where any design or other suggestions are appreciated.
>
> I have more than half a million data files with 300K each. Each file is one
> record with a binary data section of around 7K that I am interested in. I'll
> need to do query on that particular binary data section in that huge table
> of data record, such as 'SELECT * FROM MyHugeTable WHERE
> ColumnName='MyBinaryColumn'. Are there suggestions (table design, query and
> others) that may help to improve the performance?

The binary data does NOT (necessarily) have to reside within the DB. The binary data could reside in separate OS files (as it does now); as long as the database knows each and every filename and has a way to properly process the binary data when requested to do so. Received on Tue Mar 23 2004 - 19:57:04 CST