Re: new DirectX Oracle online monitor

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 05:42:53 +1100

"Brian Peasland" <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com> wrote in message news:40604112.6A3EF081_at_remove_spam.peasland.com...
> > That way, your web page might load in a reasonable time, and you won't
lose
> > quite so many visitors who can't be bothered waiting.
>
> Must be that slow connection you have at home Howard!!! ;) I had no
> problems with the load times. I did have problems with the web site
> itself, but that's another story....

His JPEGs are 100K+ each. His smiley glow-in-the-dark buttons are all 22K BMPs.

Each of his bitmaps takes about 8 seconds to load. And his JPGs take nearly a minute each.

As you infer, not everyone is on broadband.

Awaiting my satellite dish with anticipation HJR Received on Tue Mar 23 2004 - 12:42:53 CST