Re: Help needed making a DB copy :Closure

From: Vince Laurent <eAddict_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 10:42:28 -0600

First, thanks for all your feedback. Yes, I do read the alert logs and such - what I didn't do was check what the person did who passed me the task. The server they were trying to close had been not yet been converted to using undo logs and the spile, the DB they were trying to copy did have it. So when the DB tried to come up, since the NEW initSID.ora file was looking for the new configuration stuff it error'd off. What I ended up doing was recreating the initSID.ora file and all was happy.

Thanks again!
rule I learned: check others work before asking for help.

Vince

Come race with us!
www.mgpmrc.org Received on Tue Mar 23 2004 - 10:42:28 CST