Re: Switch off Fine Grained Access Control within database packaged procedures

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 15:24:39 GMT

> No, the same policy is applied to all the tables
> What is causing the problem is the fundamental one caused by FGAC ie
> performance.
> Since i have already restricted the data i am authorised to see i don't need
> the
> policy to be applied when i call the function

The policy is there to protect the data. It would be a very poor idea to turn this policy on and off.

If you are having performance problems, that is a completely different thing (which wasn't part of the OP). The FGAC policy will add predicates to your query, where applicable, so it may be that you need an index where none currently exists, or that you need to stop using an index if one does exist. Or it could be other things. Tuning the query sounds like what needs to be done, not turning the policy on and off.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com