Errors using UTL_HTTP

From: Kurt Laugesen <kulau_at_tdc.dk>
Date: 22 Mar 2004 07:11:11 -0800

I have made a procedure that accesses som xml from a URL using the utl_http package.

When I run this from a sql*plus prompt it works fine, even if I have several sessions in parallel doing maybe 50 lookups each in a loop. However - when it is called from a webapplication we frequently (but not allways) end up with the error
ORA-29270 too many open HTTP requests
Cause: Too many HTTP requests were opened. Action: End some HTTP requests and retry the HTTP request. (I love those error messages :-)

My procedure basically does this:
Compose the URL (with parameters)
do begin_request
handle the incoming lines
do end_request.

Is there a limit to the number of concurrent sessions, that can access utl_http?
Or am I overlooking something else?

TIA
Kurt Laugesen Received on Mon Mar 22 2004 - 09:11:11 CST