Re: Help - Oracle not available on running catproc.sql in 9i

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 18:29:54 +1100

"Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message news:405befb0$0$3955$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au...

> "Sunit Joshi" <sjoshi_at_ingr.com> wrote in message
> > I'm using 9.2 on WinXP-Pro-SVP1. This is what I have for memory config
> > parameters in my ini.ora file:
> >
> > ## Memory configuration parameters
> > db_cache_size = 25M
> > shared_pool_size = 4M
>

> Well, I'm not surprised you have trouble running catproc! It needs a
> shared_pool_size of at least 32M, and probably you'd be better off with
48M.
> The buffer cache is OK, although you should be aware that all memory
> allocations on Windows in 9i are in multiples of 8K, so in fact you'll
have
> a 32M buffer cache.
>
> Regards
> HJR
Oh, and don't forget: just because that's in your init.ora, it doesn't mean that's what's in force. There's the spfile to worry about, after all. Check whether you have an spfile by issuing the command:

show parameter spfile

...in SQL*Plus. If you get anything at all in the 'VALUE' field, you're using an spfile. If you are using one, you'll need to know how to edit it to match the 48M/32M memory values I mentioned. You can find out how to do that by reading the documentation, or by visiting www.dizwell.com.

Regards
HJR Received on Sat Mar 20 2004 - 01:29:54 CST