Re: Performance &Tunning

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 06:48:01 +1100

"Sharbat" <sharbats_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:68aa131b.0403190544.1f567082_at_posting.google.com...
> Thanks for reply.
>
> I like to ask you, should we enable SQL TRACING inside the EXCEL
> Program or IS there another approach that SQL Tracing Enable
> automatically for that session whenever it runs EXCEL.
>

> Your ideas will be appreciated.
>
> Sharbat

Well, you could probably code an autostarted macro or something in Excel, but I think it would be a lot easier if you could identify something unique about sessions using Excel in v$session -because then you'd be able to use that unique identifier as the basis of a logon trigger: 'after logon on database ... if program name is 'EXCEL' then alter session set sql_trace=true''. That sort of idea, anyway.

Whether there is such an identifier is another question.

Regards
HJR Received on Fri Mar 19 2004 - 13:48:01 CST