Re: poor OCFS performance under Linux

From: Karsten Schmidt <groups_at_karsten-schmidt.com>
Date: 18 Mar 2004 04:29:23 -0800

Well, I bet you did not mount the jfs / extfs or whatever filesystem in direct mode. all your i/o got buffered by the OS in main memory. this is faster than going to disk, which the clustered fs would do.

differences will level out when you get heavy load, and do not have memory to spare for unix buffer cache.

Karsten