Re: rman and DR

From: Vitalis <vitalisREMOVETHAT_at_numericable.fr>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 10:54:49 +0100

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 20:47:57 -0800, hrishy wrote:

> Hi
> I'm doing DR testing restoring the rman catalog db and then
> the rman backups sets for the test instance to a new servers.
> The file structure is not the same.
>
> For the datariles I use SET NEWNAME to specify the new destination.
> How can I set a new destination for RMAN to create the redo logs
> after an ALTER DATABASE OPEN RESETLOGS without recreating the control file.
>
> regards
> Hrishy

Hi!

If RMAN successfully executed 'alter database open resetlogs', then you had apparently created the directories for the redo logs as they were on the primary host, no? Otherwise RMAN would have complained.

Now if you want to change this location, you can not do that directly with RMAN. You have to create new redo log groups and drop the old ones as explained in the Oracle server admin guide. Received on Thu Mar 18 2004 - 03:54:49 CST