Re: Help needed making a DB copy

From: srivenu <srivenu_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 Mar 2004 01:06:25 -0800

> The log it is looking for rdoes not exist. We copied from DEV to SND.
> I have NO idea why it is looking for a log file that doesn't exist.

>>Give the first Redo log first, if it fails give the second one...
>>One of them will succeed.

>Why would I need to give log files if the database was shut down
>cleanly?

Vince,
trust me, it works and i had done it manytimes. The log it is asking for does not exist. It is infact looking for the online redo log that was current at the instance shutdown.
In fact the method i follow to clone a database is to shut it down normally, copy all the files (control, data and redo) to the new place, start mount the instance in the new place, change the file locations if necessary and open the database. regards
Srivenu Received on Thu Mar 18 2004 - 03:06:25 CST