Re: Multi Threaded server not working for many inserts?

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 17 Mar 2004 23:17:56 -0800

Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com> wrote

> > There is no bug listed on Metalink with that bug id.
>
> Just because you can't see it doesn't mean that it isn't there. I can't
> tell you the number of times I've seen a bug number posted on Metalink
> (in a forum, in a Note, etc) and I tried to look up the details of the
> bug, just to be told that it doesn't exist, or is not publically
> accessible.

Point taken Brian.

When a bug id is included in a post, it usually means in my mind that the poster did some homework at least - which is why I will always go and read the bug description on Metalink before responding.

But it would help when the poster goes to the trouble of posting a bug id, to at least get that right. Which was not case and why I could not find that bug id. The only alernative is then key word searches in hope of finding the bug refered to by the poster - which can be time consuming and not accurate either.

--
Billy