Re: Poor mans RAID10...

From: DD <denisdo_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Mar 2004 21:12:42 -0800

> Does anybody know about how oracle (9i, Linux) actually allocates space
> across the different datafiles?
> Is one table always in one file or is the granularity the extent?

Hi Guys!
Correct me if I am wrong - but it looks for me that Oracle allocates SEGMENTS to datafiles and all extents allocated via robin-bobin INSIDE of Segment.
That means, you will never have extents from single segment on different datafiles. However, extents from different segments can be located on different drives (if segments are)

Am I right or not?:-) Received on Wed Mar 17 2004 - 23:12:42 CST