Re: SESSION INFO VIA AUDITING + LOGON TRIGGERS

From: AMIT <kumar_929_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 17 Mar 2004 20:18:39 -0800

Hi,

As I mentioned what should we do if I use the following for getting all the session's information on forms 6i screen:

create view client_info(session_id,DB_USER,Client_Name,Client_IP,Database,DB_Server_Name, DB_Server_IP,logon_time)
as
select sys_context ('USERENV', 'SESSIONID'),user, SYS_CONTEXT ('USERENV',
'Terminal'),sys_context('USERENV','IP_ADDRESS'), SYS_CONTEXT ('USERENV', 'DB_NAME'),utl_inaddr.get_host_name ,utl_inaddr.get_host_address,
sysdate from dual;

In that case, you see, we get the information using SYS_CONTEXT and dual table.
So how should a DBA see all the session information if he query the above view, because this view contains only the current session information.
I wanted to use the SYS_context function. With regards to this could someone please suggect what should we do.

Kinds Regards

Amit