Re: Problems installing Oracle9i on Fedora with 256 RAM

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 03:11:09 +1100

Fedora is, to coin a phrase, a steaming pile of ... er, well, you get the picture.

It doesn't install as a Vmware guest. It won't install onto my (very much physical) laptop.

This despite Mandrake 9, Mandrake 9.1, Suse 7.2, Suse 7.3, RHAS2.1, RHAS3, RH8, RH9 and Xandros all installing perfectly onto both.

I thought Microsoft got a bad name for making their users beta test their software?!

And yes, I know Fedora is the "experimental" branch of the Red Hat tree. But I think in the context of Oracle I would leave the experimenting to others.

Regards