DBMS_XMLQUERY : available with which version

From: Abhijit K <abhijithkashyap_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 18:08:04 +0530

Hi,
  We have a requirement (for a new product feature) where we need to generate XML from a table data. I was planning to use DBMS_XMLQUERY, for this purpose.

  I needed to know from which version onwards this package is available in Oracle. I checked the documents at st-docs site, it says this package is available in 9.0.1 onwards. But we happen to have a development instance which is 8.1.7... but it has this package installed. I also came across this link which talks about this feature in 8i. Excrept from the above link :
Oracle 9i uses a new C based XDK. The package interface to this is called DBMS_XMLGEN. This has caused some confusion, because in Oracle 8i there was an older JAVA based package called XMLGEN. If you're using Oracle 8i, use the DBMS_XMLQUERY and DBMS_XMLSAVE JAVA based packages. For Oracle 9i, use the C based package DBMS_XMLGEN.

From other places i searched it seems that this feature is available as a separate installable package, XDK.

Please help me clear off this confusion. We may have to forego this option as we have most clients on 8i.

Thanks
Abhijith. Received on Wed Mar 17 2004 - 06:38:04 CST