Re: How can that be (SQL, v$temp_space_header and dba_tablespaces)

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Mar 2004 03:06:16 -0800

I actually looked at execution plans for various forms of the queries. Also traced the sessions. Tried x$ktfthc and ts$ in place of v$temp_space_header, and tried more than a dozen hints. The first few hints I tried are ORDERED, USE_NL (because they appear in the view definition for v$temp_space_header), and UNNEST and NO_UNNEST (because these seem to be your favorite hints!, and for other reason). I have a feeling that if Oracle can finish querying one view completely before it joins with the other, then it works. Maybe that's why using an in-line view works. BTW, in all cases, changing orders in the FROM clause makes no difference.

I would consider this as a bug. I wouldn't, if *most* other v$ views had this problem.

Yong Huang