2 triggers or 1??

From: AK <ak_at_ak.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 00:58:51 GMT

Hi,

I need to write up a PLSQL trigger which does similar work to an existing trigger. The existing trigger runs upon insert/update on the same table as the new trigger will.

I could write a second trigger for insert/update on table XXX or I could take the existing trigger and modify it to include code for the new functionality requirement.

What kind of performance impact will there be if one has multiple triggers running on the same table? I know it depends on how you code but I am hoping to get some general guidance on this please.

thanks,
-A Received on Tue Mar 16 2004 - 18:58:51 CST